I have followed the publication journey of the YA urban fantasy Crow’s Rest for a while now. I am so excited to share the book trailer today!
Avery Flynn arrives for a visit at her Uncle Tam’s, eager to rekindle her summertime romance with her crush-next-door, Daniel.
But Daniel’s not the sweet, neurotic guy she remembers–and she wonders if this is her Daniel at all. Or if someone–or something–has taken his place.
Her quest to find the real Daniel–and get him back–plunges Avery into a world of Fae and changelings, where creatures swap bodies like humans change their socks, and magic lives much closer to home than she ever imagined.
Written by the fabulous Angelica R. Jackson, Crow’s Rest will be available in May of 2015. Angelica made the trailer herself on a tight budget. You can learn more about the author on her website here. And for more information on how she put this awesome trailer together, click here.
Crow’s Rest is up on Goodreads and available for pre-order here and here.
On any given day in the writing community, you can find a new batch of query contests, pitch competitions, and giveaways. I love that part of the blog-o-sphere, but over the past year or so, I’ve been truly struck by the added dimension of generosity in our industry. So many agents, editors, and authors donate their time to raise money for worthy causes, like Crits for Water, Publishing for Vision and Hearing, and Kid Lit Cares, for Superstorm Sandy Relief.
And today I’m excited to share that the annual Pens for Paws Auction is only one week away!
Headed by my friend Angelica R. Jackson, writer, blogger, and all-around extraordinary person, the event raises funds for Fat Kitty City, a no-kill, cage-free cat sanctuary in El Dorado Hills, California, that also rescues dogs (as foster homes allow). Click here for more information about Fat Kitty City.
The auction begins on March 12 and runs through March 16 at Pens for Paws.
What’s up for grabs?
- Signed copy of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, with a drawing especially for Pens for Paws
- Signed copy of Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger, with bonus Steampunk Swag
- Picture book and query critique by Kathleen Rushall of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Query, synopsis, and first chapter (up to 15 pages) critique from Pam van Hylckema Vlieg of Larsen Pomada Literary Agents
- Query and first 10 pages critique from Sara D’Emic of Talcott Notch Literary
- Critique of 50 pages by Natalie Lakosil of Bradford Literary Agency
- 5 chances at a query critique by Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary
- Signed copies of the 1st three books in the Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer (yes, that includes an ARC of Spirit!)
- E-copy of To Trust a Thief by Michelle McLean, plus bonus swag
- Signed copy of Interred by Marilyn Almodovar
- Signed copy of The Fire Horse Girl by Kay Honeyman
- Books by Kelley York, plus a 20-page critique
- Query plus first chapter critique by Sarah LaPolla of Curtis Brown Ltd
- 2 (!) signed copies each of Jeff Somers’s Trickster and Sean Ferrell’s Man in the Empty Suit
Please hop over to Pens for Paws to check it out, and also be sure to follow Angelica in all these places:
Group Blog: Operation Awesome
Music for today: Breathing Underwater by Metric