Becky at Once Upon a Time was sweet enough to award Unavoidable Awkwardness a Sunshine Award and a Kreativ Blogger Award! Thanks so much, Becky! For the Sunshine Award, you link back to the gracious giver, answer a few questions about yourself, and pass the award on to other bloggers.
I was also tagged by Cynthia at Read is the New Black. Since I’ve already answered a few 11 question tags, I thought I’d pick a few questions Cynthia and a few from Becky.
1. If you could talk to a dead person about writing, who would it be?
I would probably pick Emily Bronte. Every few years I read Wuthering Heights again, and I am always in awe. I have so many questions I’d love to ask. How did it feel to be a female writer at that time and to publish under a man’s name? Did you constantly compare yourself to your sisters? What were you working on after Wuthering Heights? Plotter or pantser?
2. If you were the main character in a book, what genre would it be?
I’d pick historical fiction.
3. How do you get names for your characters?
For my main characters, I don’t feel like I really know them until I know their names. Once I know a name, I can find out more about them. Those have to just come to me in time. For supporting characters, I sometimes use baby name books.
4. Favorite color – Blue
5. Favorite number – 3
6. Favorite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee
7. Facebook or Twitter – One of the best quotes I’ve heard lately: Facebook is where you lie to your friends, and Twitter is where you’re honest with strangers. I think that’s almost too true!
I’m going to pass the Sunshine Award on to a few bloggers who make me smile. Grab the button for your blogs!
Here is Becky’s full list of questions that you can answer on your blogs!
Favorite non-alcoholic drink
Facebook or Twitter
Getting or giving presents?
Favorite day of the week