Thanks to Daisy Carter at Fresh as a Daisy for tagging me in 11 Questions! I have to answer Daisy’s 11 questions, come up with my own list, and then tag 11 more bloggers.
1. Favorite villain and why?
The Lannisters from Game of Thrones. Tyrion is really my favorite, but I’m not sure if he counts as a villain. The whole family is twisted and nasty and complex, not unlike an episode of Hoarders. You just can’t fight the fascination.
2. What’s the last book you read?
I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene yesterday. *still wiping tears away*
3. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’m cheating on this one. For sheer fantasy fulfillment, I would go to England in the early 1900s. For personal, selfish reasons, I would go back and have a chat with my middle school self, though I doubt tween me would listen. (Be bold! Be brave! Buy stock in Apple!)
4. Would you rather have an unlimited gift card to your favorite bookstore OR a publishing contract but never be allowed to read any other books?
No question, I would take the unlimited gift card. I would go crazy if I couldn’t read another book.
5. If you were an animal, what would you be?
I would be a cat.
6. What’s your very first memory?
My parents had one of those toddler seats on the back of a bike. It was bright yellow. I remember riding down a hill on the back of that bike on a trip to the store; I was around two years old.
7. Suzanne Collins, JK Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Neil Gaiman, Judy Blume and John Green call. They all want you to come to their house for dinner, but all on the same night. Whose dinner invitation do you accept?
Tough one! I’d love to meet all of them, but I’d have to pick JK Rowling. The ‘at her house’ part seals that deal.
8. You discover a planet. What do you name it?
Oren. I have no idea where that came from.
9. What world/nation/city/place from a book would you most like to visit?
I would have to go to Hogwarts. There are tons of amazing fictional worlds, but most of them are too dangerous for my blood.
10. Here’s a million dollars. How would you spend it? *note, I said spend. It’s a fantasy! No saving!*
After paying off my house and splurging on an Aston Martin, I would travel around the world. The itinerary would bounce all over Europe, Africa, Australia, China, and Japan.
11. On which reality TV contest or gameshow would you be a contestant?
I may be dating myself with this one, but I would be on The Mole. This was a reality show hosted by the silver fox Anderson Cooper, in which the contestants traveled around the world and completed tasks to add money to the collective pot. One of the players was really a ‘mole,’ who was trying to sabotage the missions. To win the game, you had to figure out who the saboteur was. It was the only purely awesome reality show, and I have no idea why it was canceled.
Now it’s my turn! Here are my questions.
1. What kind of music (if any) do you listen to while writing?
2. Do you rush right out to see the movies adapted from books you love, or do you avoid them?
3. Pick five fictional characters you’d love to have over to your house for dinner.
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What foods would you pick for your last meal?
6. Name the number one person who would make you faint if he/she commented on your blog or tweeted you on Twitter. (Can be a celebrity, author, or anyone else, but it has to be a real, living person.)
7. What’s the last song you listened to?
8. If you could pick one book that all teenagers would have to read in high school, what would it be?
9. Which fictional character is most like ‘real-life’ you?
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
11. You can only pick one book to read over and over for the rest of your life. What would it be?
The Golden Eagle at The Eagle’s Aerial Perspective
The Literary Mom at http://theliterarymom.wordpress.com/
Traci Kenworth at http://tracikenworth.wordpress.com/
Carolin Seidenkranz at http://carolinseidenkranz.blogspot.com/
Erin at Seventh Story Studio
Journey in Writing
Elizabeth at Elizabeth Creith’s Scriptorium
Rhiannon Morgan at http://rhiannonmorganya.blogspot.com/
Anstice Potts at Creative Therapy
Regina at Unsettled
Callie Kingston at http://calliekingston.blogspot.com/
If you decide to participate, please leave a comment so I can check out your answers! And don’t forget to pass on your own questions to fellow bloggers!
Music for today: Where is My Mind by the Pixies